Mechanical Solutions Inc is the largest minority owned design-build mechanical contractor within the state of Missouri. We specialize in value added engineering and design-build projects, our goal is always to build the most efficient systems for the best value possible. In addition to design-build projects we also are extremely competitive in the plan and spec market.
Our portfolio of projects include, new construction, renovations and remodeling ranging from small office renovations/retrofits, condominiums, restaurants, retail, multi-story commercial offices, higher education facilities, warehouses, laboratories and health-care facilities. We have continually proven our ability and desire to provide the best service for our clients possible. By providing the majority of mechanical requirements in-house, including engineering, 3D-design/BIM coordination, sheet metal, HVAC, refrigeration, and controls, we are a “ONE-STOP” shop for any project.
For more information, visit www.msi-stl.com.
We are looking for an experienced Duct/Piping Estimator responsible for providing complete, accurate, well defined, and timely estimates; meets the needs of internal/external customers to achieve total customer satisfaction. The Estimator is responsible for ensuring that all estimates are executed in accordance with the company’s policies, including contract documents, budget, schedule, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities and Duties
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Estimates all assigned projects, ensuring that take-off’s, labor factors and material pricing is accurate and in compliance with Mechanical Solutions latest estimating process;
- Calls for special material pricing, equipment quotes, and subcontractor quotes as necessary to support an estimate with current cost information;
- Clarifies with general contractor, architect, owner, or engineer any discrepancies as they relate to the drawings or specifications;
- Recommends difficulty factoring;
- Reviews proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required content of estimate;
- Prepares disciplined estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work;
- Helps determine general conditions, fabrication costs, crew rates, etc.;
- Makes recommendations on value engineering items that could reduce the bid price;
- Prepares final estimate sheets and bid forms as required;
- Maintains files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on pricing from suppliers;
- Reviews design options and recommends best solution based on cost engineering, quality, or availability of materials;
- Participates in pre-construction meetings and relays all pertinent information to the project manager and purchasing. Walks jobsites and attends pre-and post-job reviews;
- Reads all technical data available to keep current with industry changes;
- Communicates with employees, vendors, and subcontractors with the highest level of integrity, ethics and honesty; and
- Supports other department personnel as necessary and other responsibilities not outlined herein.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated and able to lead and motivate team members
- Thoughtful and confident decision making and high ethical standards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a high level of professionalism
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think and react quickly under pressure
- Service-oriented approach in working with technical and non-technical business owners and different personality types
- Strong attention to detail and high level of organization
- Reliable, dependable and professional
- 5+ years of experience in HVAC
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Technical knowledge of piping and sheetmetal estimating
- Design Build and Plan and Spec experience is preferred
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
- Significant knowledge of construction methods as well as an understanding of municipalities and the permit processes
- Proficient in HVAC estimating software, AutoBid/QuickPen preferred
- Ability to manage multiple estimates and tasks at a time
- Ability to meet sensitive timelines
- Strong knowledge of Building Code and Safety Regulations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite including MS Excel software
- We are a drug free work place, must be able to pass pre and random drug tests
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5+ years